At Manual Labor, we’re all about transparency - communicating openly with both our teams and clients. And what better way to practice transparency than exploring and exposing the inner workings of our bags?
From essential items (laptop, pens, wallet — check) to surprising items, we’re taking a closer look at the always-carried-items from the Manual Labor team and beyond.
Bag in the Spotlight:
Sam Choi Cadley, CEO & Chief Creative Officer
What’s in your bag?
- MacBook Pro
- iPhone X
- Oliver Peoples reading glasses
- Fine Point Black Sharpie
- Keys with Tile - because I often lose my keys
- At least 3 Pilot FriXion Erasable Pens
- Monteverde Pen with 9 functions
- 2 Pilot Super Grip black pens
- Crumpled receipts, lots of them
- Hand wipes and Zicam
- Black Shinola grid-lined notebook
- Comme des Garcons wallet, which I bought after my wallet got stolen
- Rotating assortment of lip balm: Fresh, Bite, Fenty Beauty, and/or eos
Please expand on the 9 functions of the Monteverde Pen…
- Ballpoint pen
- 4" ruler
- 3 metric scales - because who can convert IRL
- Philips screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver (I can fix anyone's glasses!)
What can’t you live without?
My phone and my pens.
What’s the most surprising thing you carry?
The obscene number of writing tools I carry at any given point.
What bag holds all of this great stuff?
A three-year-old Brooks waxed cotton backpack. I bought it for Todd...then stole it from him.